Airless

Old 05-28-06, 02:22 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Airless

I am looking to buy an airless for my business. I am looking at the Titan 440ix and the Graco Ultra 495. Both have similar specs. Any thoughts on the comparison and adivice on stand or hi-boy? I like the HI-BOY because it will hold the bucket and moves easily. What is the advantage of the stand model? Thanks.

Old 05-29-06, 06:25 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 405 Votes on 361 Posts
Welcome to the forums

I have 2 titan 660's tha I have used professionally. IMO the pump was barely big enough for painting new construction although I have been satisfied with both their performance and price. Parts were easy to get and the pump easy to repair. I would probably have been more satisfied with the pump size had I not used to work for an outfit that used graco 433's and 733s.

The local titan rep [who lost his job] said that titan and wagner merged and quality suffered. He now works for graco. I don't know if the new titans are as good as my older ones. I have the short one [17 yr old] and a high boy [8 yr old] I prefer the high boy although I suppose the low unit would pack up better in a trunk or other vehicle with limitted cargo space.

I have used the 440 yrs ago as an employee and it worked fine although I would prefer a unit with more gpm.

Graco has a great reputation and their pumps are usually thought of as top of the line. Before making a purchace be sure to compare gpm, parts availibility and maybe even the ease of repairs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: