Drill Press Milling Attachment?

Old 05-31-06, 09:05 PM
W
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Drill Press Milling Attachment?

As headway is made into the garage, another curious item was found today. It is an attachment that is labeled “Drill Press Milling Attachment”. Has anyone used an attachment like this? What is it used for. Here are a couple of photos.

Drill Press Milling Attachment

Lable

Old 06-01-06, 04:08 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
It is a poor man's CNC machine. What you do is draw out your design on your metal blank, fasten it to the milling table under a milling bit. Slowly lower the bit into the metal, locking it at depth and with the micrometer dials, move the metal under the bit to make a cutout, or mill the surface. If you place a piece of wood on top, you can use it for precise hole drilling, but not into the table itself.

Old 06-01-06, 07:20 AM
W
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Thanks. That is what I was thinking, but I’ve never seen anything like this, and didn’t even know something like this existed. As far as wood goes, wouldn’t a router be a better deal? As for milling metal, I wouldn’t think this would be accurate enough for some real precision work, and Me thinks you wouldn’t be able to pick up milling bits at the local hardware store.

Would something like this be worth anything? Wondering if we should just hang on to this, and keep it with the drill press for future sale?

Old 06-01-06, 05:53 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Sears is selling their current version for $219.00, so if you can't use it, hold onto it until someone who can, makes you an offer you can't refuse.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: