Seeking container for air-free storage of glue etc

Old 06-08-06, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Seeking container for air-free storage of glue etc

OK, I realize this may be the wrong place for this message, so my apologies in advance--I couldnt find a forum here that seemed more on-target.

I'm looking for a device, container, etc that will let me store liquid "stuff" with all air excluded, and then dispense it without air getting in. For example, I'd like to be able to put glue into this thing, and squeeze the air out.

One model is those 5-liter boxes of wine. They are just a cardboard container, with a thick plastic bladder inside. The vendor removes the air when they're filled, and the valve is at the bottom of the box. As you pour wine out, the bladder collapses, so no air gets in and spoils the wine.

It would be really nice if there were something like this for certain substances such as glue, which are rendered useless if air gets to them. Because they will let you store the glue for a longer time, without it going bad, I guess we can't count on glue (etc) manufacturers to package their products in this way! But there must be something, somewhere, on the market for achieving the same result.

Old 06-08-06, 04:42 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Glue manufacturers "sell" glue, and they hope it turns rock hard so you will buy more.
What I do is buy Titebond II with the mustard like pull up spout on it. I made a small stand with a flat bottom and stacks of 1x lumber just large enough to where it won't tip over (probably 4"x4"). On the stack of 1x's I bored a hole as large as the glue container. After I use the glue, it keep it inverted, tap the tip closed, and stand it in the little stand, inverted until next time. All the good glue stays at the tip, and doesn't harden.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: