How to - Pegboard into Concrete

Old 07-23-06, 02:00 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to - Pegboard into Concrete

OK, the time has come where I need to utilize the 10' x 4' of unused wall space in my utility room for some pegboard tool organization... My concern though is the unused space is all concrete (the divider between my townhouse and teh house next to mine, and the divider between the back of my house the the earth). How should I go about getting pegboard on my walls with the concrete backing.... Any help would be great. The only thing I came up with quickly is doing 2x4" at the top and bottom with adhesive on one side and concrete nails going into it, but not sure how well that would work. The pegboard could then be drilled into the 2x4"... What do you guys recommend....

Thanks so much

Old 07-23-06, 05:45 PM
W
Received 29 Votes on 26 Posts
Pegboard

Lumber applied to concrete should be treated. Rip treated 2x4 into 1" x 1.5" strips. Place on wall and drill through strip into wall with hammer drill usiing a bit of the correct size to install tapcon screws. Fasten strips to wall with tapcons. Then attach pegboard to strips.

Old 07-23-06, 06:59 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How long should the strips be? Should I just run a 1"x1.5" strip the entire length at the top and bottom of the peg board?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: