New DIY need help with jigsaw

Old 08-24-06, 03:52 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question New DIY need help with jigsaw

I bought a new ShopSource variable speed jigsaw today and can't figure out how to put the new blade in. I'm a brand new DIYer and I know I know if you can't figure out the tools maybe you shouldn't be using them. lol. But it's me or nothing. I've done woodworking before but never used a jigsaw and can't figure out how to get the blade in the silly thing. The directions are no help and I can't find a website. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm ready to cry. Yes I'm a woman and it's my right. LOL I need to get some shelves built and am ready to start but can't do so without a blade. Thanks Kim

Old 08-24-06, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by HotSauceKim
I bought a new ShopSource variable speed jigsaw today and can't figure out how to put the new blade in. I'm a brand new DIYer and I know I know if you can't figure out the tools maybe you shouldn't be using them. lol. But it's me or nothing. I've done woodworking before but never used a jigsaw and can't figure out how to get the blade in the silly thing. The directions are no help and I can't find a website. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm ready to cry. Yes I'm a woman and it's my right. LOL I need to get some shelves built and am ready to start but can't do so without a blade. Thanks Kim
Hi Kim,

Check out this link. When you get there supersize the picture. Is this the one you have?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7600471843

This is the only one I can find anywhere. Do let me know if this is the one.

cuedude

Old 08-24-06, 04:36 PM
H
Yes

Cuedude:

Yes that is the saw I just bought. Thanks Kim

Old 08-24-06, 04:41 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Wow, I couldn't even google this brand name, so I will be guessing from experience. Some use a set screw on the side of the blade holding collar. Others use a twist type cam lock. If the collar has a knurled surface, then it probably is the latter, and you have to twist it counterclockwise facing it to insert the blade, then let go and it is set.
Speaking of jigsaws, I am not slamming your brand, as it will probably do exactly what you want it to do (once you get the blade in), and there are many to choose from. I bought what I thought was a superior brand with a good warranty, etc. ( I use it every day as a contractor), so I bought a pricey Freud. Nice, balanced, easy blade change, variable speed, computer controlled repeat speed, on and on. The only thing they didn't think about in their design was allowing the motor fan to vent at the blade to keep the sawdust cleared from your line. What a pain. Even the cheapest Black and Decker has that feature, so why not the higher end ones.
Post back with your comments as cuedude said.

Old 08-24-06, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by HotSauceKim
Cuedude:

Yes that is the saw I just bought. Thanks Kim
Hi again Kim,

Chandler has it pretty much covered. The only thing I can add is a guess. Some JigSaws use an Allen Wrench which is used to turn a screw on the holding collar. Check to see if there was an "L" shapd wrench in with the instruction packet.

I can only imagine the instructions. From what I gathered from some of the sites I visited, your saw was made in China. They have a funny way of translating our language, so they could be really difficult to understand.

Good luck with your project, and please let us know how it turns out.

cuedude

Old 08-24-06, 07:29 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
I remember assembling a bicycle back in the 60's for my son on instructions with direct translation from Chinese. Better off without them.

Old 08-24-06, 07:30 PM
H
Thank you

I've decided this jigsaw is not going to work for me. I still don't understand how to change the blade. It has the allen wrench with it and I loosened the thing they said but there was no place to stick the blade. So I'm going to quit trying and take it back and get the Black and Decker one that was just a few dollars more. I should have gone with the Black & Decker to begin with but thought I would save a few bucks. Silly me. Thanks for your help and I'm sure I'll be back for more so thanks for being here. Kim

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: