cabinetsaws

Old 09-16-06, 01:19 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question cabinetsaws

I am in the market for a good saw and understand the cabinet saws are the way to go. Any information on which one is better? that is also a table saw the higher price saws 3 hp and up

Last edited by wsan2001; 09-16-06 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-16-06, 01:22 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Unless there is a tool I don't have, what is a cabinet saw? Nomenclature differs from north to south and from the right coast to the left coast.

Old 09-16-06, 08:52 PM
W
Smile table saw

Hi Larry its a table saw with a caninet,the higher hp saws.

Old 09-17-06, 10:11 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
If you have the dedicated room for a saw and an attached cabinet, that is the way to go. Quite often, portability is a priority. In my shop, I have a fixed table saw and run off table, although the stand is portable. I guess with the cabinet, there must be a dust extraction method different from the normal saw, and a vacuum will be necessary.
I would look for the versatility of the saw bed first, and cabinet second. Look for a milled steel top and wings, possibly with an attachment point for a router (a big plus). Look also at the fence system. Some are OK, and some are superior.

Old 09-22-06, 07:27 AM
There are three basic styles of stationary saws (if you discount the table saw which is a small, direct drive universal motor powered unit which mounts on top of your workbench or table) Traditionally, the cabinet saw such as the Delta Unisaw has been the ideal to which woodworkers aspire, however these are large, heavy and pricey. In more recent years the self-standing contractors saw has become quite popular. It was originally designed as a reasonably portable job-site saw for builders, but has been developed into a very versatile saw for the hobbyist and professional alike. There is now a third major type of saw which combines some of the best features of the cabinet and contractors saw. It is known as a hybrid saw. There is a very informative article in the October issue of Woodworker’s Journal comparing these saws. It is well worth reading to help you decide which best suites your needs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: