Panel Saw Operation Info Needed

Old 10-03-06, 04:56 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Panel Saw Operation Info Needed

Hi Guys,

I would like to know more about operating a panel saw, are they diffucult to learn as compared to other saws ?
I am familiar with almost every other saw, but I have never ran a panel saw.

Thanks

Old 10-04-06, 09:50 AM
U
Assuming we are talking about the same thing... the panel saws I am familiar with are basically a circular saw mounted to a sliding track, that is mounted on a framework to hold sheets of plywood/paneling. There is one in use in virtually every big box hardward store. I don't think they are all that tricky to operate.
Is that what you are referring to?

Old 10-04-06, 10:05 AM
Could it be that you are referring to a radial arm saw? These are also used in some home centers and lumber yards, typically for crosscutting.

Old 10-04-06, 03:09 PM
C
Smile

Originally Posted by Ubob
Assuming we are talking about the same thing... the panel saws I am familiar with are basically a circular saw mounted to a sliding track, that is mounted on a framework to hold sheets of plywood/paneling. There is one in use in virtually every big box hardward store. I don't think they are all that tricky to operate.
Is that what you are referring to?
You got it UBob, Thank You.

I applied for a position with a furniture company running a Pannel Saw, they said they could not find anybody to run it & I have used almost every other saw there is so I said to myself ''It Can't Be That Hard'' ! lol

Old 10-04-06, 07:34 PM
U
Sounds interesting! I'm sure you can handle it (like you said, how different/hard can it be?). There should be lots to learn at a furniture manufacturer. Just remember safety first - any saw can hurt you if you aren't careful. Good luck with your new job.

Old 10-05-06, 03:24 AM
C
Smile

Well, I don't have the job yet........they may be in search of someone who has a lot of exp on that specific saw.
If I do get the position I will let ya know, thank you for your help.

Old 10-05-06, 08:16 AM
M
different animal

This is probably an industrial saw. Most likely a huge, computerized machine that may have pneumatic and hydraulic controls and what have you. Not your big box store toy that you operate by hand. Should be fun running that. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: