dewalt 710 8" radial arm saw

Old 10-27-06, 04:16 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
dewalt 710 8" radial arm saw

My uncle gave me some saws and tools he had and one of the saws is the Dewalt 710 8" radial arm saw. I cant find any info on this saw and was wondering what a reasonable selling price would be since I dont use radial arm saws? Saw is in like new condition. Thanks in advance.

Jim

Old 10-27-06, 08:24 AM
C
Received 8 Votes on 7 Posts
Do you have the right model number?

Dewalt model numbers typically start with DW. When I searched for a 710 I found nothing; when I searched for a DW710 I got hits from websites in Russian and Polish, talking about a miter saw.

One site I found said this:
Radial arm saws were first developed by Raymond E. Dewalt in 1922 and were marketed under the name of the Dewalt "Wonder-Worker". Dewalt continued to manufacture radial arm saws until 1989 when they sold the rights to The American Saw Company.

A good place to establish a fair selling price is eBay, because you can see exactly what people are willing to pay for an item.

Old 10-28-06, 08:15 PM
J
CycleZen , Your right , You will not find this saw or any radial arm saw on most any web site. I did find the saw up for bids on Ebay two seperate times. The saw is right in front of me and it is a Dewalt 710 8" radial arm saw. No bids had been made nor was there a buy me now offer. I will check back until sold and report back.

Jim

Old 10-29-06, 05:09 AM
50- 75 dollars seems right to me .

I see 10" RS saws all the time in the 100 to 150 range 8" has a lot more limited capiblity also keep in mind parts will be impossible to get .

ebay really isnt a good place to guage the price of large items as bids are limited to local pickup or shipping on something that heavy is more than the item

Old 10-29-06, 08:07 PM
J
I used the saw today and I actually like it. The arm swings to cut your 45 or the blade will rotate right and left for that 45. The blade also raise up and down . On a good stand and appears to have hardly been used. The person that owned it wasnt a builder he was more a tinker'er. Thanks for the info mango man. I think I will just keep the little saw....

Thanks again mango man ,

Jim

Old 10-30-06, 04:39 AM
they are a nice little saw , my dad had one .

Old 10-30-06, 08:20 AM
just wanted to add that RS saws can be dangerous , if your not used to them .

the saw you have should never be used for ripping , there where no anti kickback guards used in those days .

Pick up a book on RS saws . I think R. J. De Cristoforo wrote a good one , I also have a old rockwell one thats good .

enjoy the saw but be safe

Old 10-30-06, 02:51 PM
here I am again

I noticed the decristo book on my bookshelf

its called "fun with a saw" by R.J. Decristoforo copywright 1961

its all the things you can do with a radial arm saw .

watch ebay for one

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: