opinions on this B&D drill

Old 11-28-06, 12:32 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
opinions on this B&D drill

Does anyone have an opinion on this drill? I'm not a pro, but would like something I can use for everything around the house and the occasional building project, and last a while for under $100.

http://www.costco.ca/en-CA/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10294302&whse=BCCA&topnav=&browse=

Old 11-29-06, 05:00 AM
J
Probably OK for occasional use.

Old 11-29-06, 06:49 AM
S
Black and Decker products as a rule as fine for around the house homeowner levels of use.They are not built for anything beyond that.Even if you do not use a drill for a job related reason,if you have a significant or heavier level of use of a drill for your projects it would make sense to look at B&D's better line-DeWalt.Obviously DeWalt will cost more.

This particular drill is one of B&D's better cordless drills.Again for home use it would hold up reasonably well.Only you know how hard you'll use a drill so it's all about what your plans are.

I suggest finding a real hardware store and consulting qualified help to pick out a drill best suited for your needs.Costco etc. offers you no advice or instruction.Neither do any other big box stores.The few dollars difference in pricing might be more costly than ending up with a tool that does not meet your needs.

Old 11-29-06, 07:55 AM
experience has thought me that cordless tools are disposable , 2-5 years then its time to replace .

battery technology , and feature constantly changing and being improved , when the battery's go its usually more cost effective to just replace the whole thing rather than just the battery's

that said I think the drill will do just fine for most applications , if you needed a heavy duty , high priced industrial quality drill you probably wouldn't be posting the request here.

for occasinal DIY homeowner /light industrial use it will do the job

personally I'm partial to Ryobi , I picked up a couple of 18volt drill circular saw kits for 49 at home depot the other day on the "black Friday " sale.

one for me , one as a Christmas present for my son

you might want to watch hd for ryobi sales ,one nice thing is the battery s can be used on a whole line of 18volt tools

Old 11-29-06, 02:50 PM
I just came from home depot and they still have a fair supply of the drill saw kits

18volt 1/2 drill , 5 1/4 circular saw one battery and one charger for 49.00 ..hell of a deal

Old 11-30-06, 05:59 PM
C
I have one very similar. It's great for around the house stuff. On a busy day, it shares 2 more batteries with my Black & Decker cordless weed whacker.

2 devices, 4 batteries and 2 chargers.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: