Makita Generator

Old 01-05-07, 10:16 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Makita Generator

I have a Makita G6100R. The pull cord broke so I bought another one to simply replace the broken one. I removed the casing and installed the cord. I winded the cord counterclockwise (looking from the outside of the housing) and reinstall the housing. When I pull the cord it unwinds completely without spinning the generator. So I winded the cord clockwise. I then reinstalled the housing and attempted to start the generator. The flywheel would turn but the cord would not rewind and the generator would not start. I would think that there is something wrong with the housing unit but I bought the generator new, approx two years ago and only have 8 hours of usage. I must be installing the cable incorrectly somehow. Is there a trick to this? I am mechanically inclined but this has me stumped. I attempted to contact Makita but I cannot get a hold of a human and discuss this issue. I also went to Loews and Home Depot and all they recommend is that I bring the generator in and have it serviced. Makita's website or owner’s manual does not explain how to replace the pull cord. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Abe

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-07, 08:13 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You have to wind the cord so there is enough tension on the takeup spring to pull it back in..
Give it 3-4 extra winds on the flywheel..