Makita Generator

Old 01-05-07, 10:16 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Makita Generator

I have a Makita G6100R. The pull cord broke so I bought another one to simply replace the broken one. I removed the casing and installed the cord. I winded the cord counterclockwise (looking from the outside of the housing) and reinstall the housing. When I pull the cord it unwinds completely without spinning the generator. So I winded the cord clockwise. I then reinstalled the housing and attempted to start the generator. The flywheel would turn but the cord would not rewind and the generator would not start. I would think that there is something wrong with the housing unit but I bought the generator new, approx two years ago and only have 8 hours of usage. I must be installing the cable incorrectly somehow. Is there a trick to this? I am mechanically inclined but this has me stumped. I attempted to contact Makita but I cannot get a hold of a human and discuss this issue. I also went to Loews and Home Depot and all they recommend is that I bring the generator in and have it serviced. Makita's website or owner’s manual does not explain how to replace the pull cord. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Abe

Old 01-06-07, 08:13 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You have to wind the cord so there is enough tension on the takeup spring to pull it back in..
Give it 3-4 extra winds on the flywheel..

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: