hvlp sprayer available

Old 02-06-07, 10:42 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
hvlp sprayer available

Hi, I have a air compressor with a 7.1 CFM @ 40 P.S.I Or 5.7 CFM @ 90 P.S.I flow rate and I was hoping if you could inform me if there were any hvlp paint sprayers that would work with it. Thanks

Old 02-06-07, 01:39 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
I assume you want a HVLP type cup gun that operates off of an air compressor. True HVLP run off of their own turbine type air pump.

I have a couple of harbor freight's HVLP cup guns and they work fairly well but the cfm is closer to 10. You can thin the paint more to make a smaller air compressor work but that also makes the HVLP part not as effiecent.

All air tools, including paint guns will state the required cfm on the packaging.

Old 02-06-07, 03:06 PM
M
A touch-up gun

should work fine with that flow. It's intermittent and requires much less air than a big hvlp. It also has a narrow spray pattern, so if you have a lot of surface to cover..it won't work well.

Marksr, how do you like those HF guns? Do they lay a nice coat? Do you find that you have to adjust them all the time while spraying?

Old 02-06-07, 08:23 PM
W
So I assume one that states this will be O.K.

Cup capacity: 1 quart
Cup pressure: 15 PSI
Fluid tip: 1.0mm
Operating range: 10 PSI at tip
Operating pressure: 90 PSI
Air consumption: 18 CFM

Right?

I have only had bad luck with harbor freight tools in the past so I never buy from them anymore but perhaps there spray guns are different though. Thanks

Old 02-07-07, 06:17 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Originally Posted by markiz37
Marksr, how do you like those HF guns?
I've been well satisfied, especially considering the price paid. The three I have were purchased 10-12 yrs ago [$75-80] and were used in my painting business - mostly spraying stain or enamel on exterior metal doors. I've also sprayed several cars/trucks with them. Currently only 1 is in top notch shape, 1 has been sacrificed for parts [replacement parts may be available - haven't checked]

Originally Posted by willl
So I assume one that states this will be O.K.
Air consumption: 18 CFM
Right?

Wrong!! That is 3x the cfm you have.

While I don't believe that HF quality is as good as it was 10-15 yrs ago [what is] I do believe they have good tools for the price, especially if you get their better stuff. Their very cheap tools ARE CHEAP but the rest seems to be ok.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: