Ramsond tools (Nailer)

Old 04-03-07, 10:22 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ramsond tools (Nailer)

Looking around ebay for a hardwood flooring nailer and see that there are several Ramsond RMM3 pneumatic nailers up for auction in the ball park of $150 - $175 +shipping. Anyone used this nailer or other Ramsond tools? I've not heard of the brand and was wondering if they are good tools. In comparison, a refurbished Bostich was listed for $360.

I have 1600 ft^2 of 3/4" oak hardwood to lay.

Old 04-03-07, 04:00 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 11 Upvotes on 10 Posts
Never heard of them, and their website doesn't mention anything about warranties, where they are located, or any of the basics. Tool looks similar to the bostitch, but that don't mean it is any good. You can rent a bostitch for less than $40 a day, but laying 1600sf you will be there a week and a half laying floor, and would come out better buying one. Ooh my aching back.

Old 04-11-07, 06:52 AM
Ramsond Nailer Information

Ramsond appears to be an imported knockoff of a brand name nailer.

Ramsond is a current trademarked name registered by TN Trading Company LLC (W. Bloomfield, MI).

The phone number listed for Ramsond is 248-363-8302. That's the same phone number for a couple other businesses, AC-World.com and Celiera.com. The Paypal ID Ramsond uses is Padova Imports.

The Paypal payment address for Ramsond nailers is an AC-World.com e-mail address.

AC-World.com and Celiera.com websites are registered to Farbod H. Talab, of W. Bloomfield, MI. Same location as the trademark holder. He is a Michigan attorney likely of Arab ancestry, as indicated by his 2003 donation to the Arab American Political Action Committee.

At one point, Farbod (AKA Patrick) Talab and co-renter (Dr. Zoe K. Doel - Bariatrics) were sued by the Point of the Woods home owner's association for leaving his holiday decorations up for 7 months. They lost the argument in court.

A Dun and Bradstreet did not find any record of TN Trading Co, AC-World, Celiera, Ramsond, Padova Imports, which doesn't necessarily mean anything.

It is amazing what you can find on the internet these days.

Old 04-11-07, 09:18 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 11 Upvotes on 10 Posts
Well kiss my grits.

Old 04-17-07, 03:13 AM
Ramsond RMM3

I also was considering other tools and decided to give the Ramsond RMM3 a try. Ramsond has many hits on the internet. I bought one for about $280. I can tell you this, as a professional i am amazed at the qaulity. Not a single misfire over 10,000 square feet. The Ramsond 2-in-1 is RMM3. Are you talking about Ramsond RMM3 or Ramsond Stapler only (they have two models). The RMM3 is the one i purchased.

Old 09-04-08, 01:28 PM
J
Worked OK for me

I just used one of these borrowed from a friend. It was my first time laying hardwood and we did a 11x12 sq. ft. bedroom with Bruce prefinished flooring from Home Depot.

The tool worked just fine. I ran it from a little Craftsman air compressor and had no problems. A couple of things that confused me at first was that the manual says it uses 15 1/2 gauge L nails - ain't no such animal (I found that out after looking and looking and looking...). Reading a label on the tool, it states it uses 16 gauge nails (I used Bostich brand). Also when I first started it, there was a big air leak from the top of the nailer. Reading the manual didn't help. Reading a label on the tool told me to pull out the piston you hit to set a nail and it will quit leaking - I did and it did.

I think I'll end up buying one myself.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: