lightweight miter saw

Old 07-10-07, 11:27 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
lightweight miter saw

gave my 'heavy' miter saw to my son and don't want it back. too old to lift that thing. wandering thro Sears i saw (and lifted) a lightweight miter saw. my needs are for trim moldings and such...nothing big. anyone have any thoughts about them.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-07, 02:13 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
I use a Bosch 12" on a Delta rolling stand for jobsites when I have alot to do, but kept an old Craftsman 8 1/4" from a long time ago, and have found it quite handy to grab by the handle and work out small trim jobs such as quarter round or small stuff. I sit it on top of a workmate bench and it is good to go. I do find that I have to calibrate it more often, mainly due to its light weight, I tend to let it slide around and get bumped more than the big one, but that is a minor thing. Soooo, go for it!

Old 07-10-07, 03:31 PM
Group Moderator
Received 638 Votes on 590 Posts
Not sure what you mean by lightweight, but if you can stay away from the cheap stuff, there are a lot of quality saws out there.

The 8 1/2" saws are nice, and save some weight when you don't need the big bulky 12" saw.

Old 07-11-07, 08:38 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
lightweight miter saw

by lightweight i mean that i can easily pick it up as opposed to the heavyheavy ones. not sure what theyre made of...aluminum maybe?? so, does that reduce the usage and value by a lot?