Pneumatic nailer leaking air

Old 07-28-07, 04:05 AM
B
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Pneumatic nailer leaking air

I have a Senco clipped head FramePro nailer that is about 6 years old. For the second time now, it has started leaking air (not too much) out the exhaust port. The last time it happened, I had it in and the dealer repaired it and wrote it off to "These things happen". I really don't use it much. It may sit for a year without being used. I am very carefiul about oiling it every time I use it; twice a day if I'm working all day long.

I'm trying to decide if it's user error or if this really is one of those things. I'm wondering if sitting so long between uses is causing the seals to dry out. I occaisionally get a double shot, could that be causing a problem?

Any thoughts?

Bruce

Old 07-28-07, 04:27 AM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
probably the trigger valve assy. you should be able to buy a repair kit and they're not hard to replace.

Old 07-28-07, 04:42 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
I agree with flopshot on the trigger assembly. Just as a question, being Senco, does it require oil? My finish nailers specifically say no oil since they have ceramic parts.

Old 07-28-07, 04:50 AM
B
Yes it definately requires oil. My Senco finish nailer does not, however.

Old 07-28-07, 06:07 AM
C
Received 136 Votes on 109 Posts
I have a Bostich framer that leaks air if it isn't oiled properly.

Old 07-28-07, 01:41 PM
The leaking air is from a little rubber seal in the your nailer. I have many nailers and one of the is a Senco. After having it reapired once, I immediately realized that it was operator error. Luckly my foreman was the operator and not me. Anyway, we found that the trick is to oil it after we are done with it. It keeps the seal lubricated. We only use that nailer on special jobs. So it goes long periods with no use. This may help you. Good Luck

Old 07-28-07, 02:27 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Check the O ring on the piston.. You should be able to get to it by removing the top of the nailer..

Old 07-28-07, 06:14 PM
B
Originally Posted by Jack the Contractor View Post
The leaking air is from a little rubber seal in the your nailer. I have many nailers and one of the is a Senco. After having it reapired once, I immediately realized that it was operator error. Luckly my foreman was the operator and not me. Anyway, we found that the trick is to oil it after we are done with it. It keeps the seal lubricated. We only use that nailer on special jobs. So it goes long periods with no use. This may help you. Good Luck
Well that sure makes sense to oil it when you're done! Do I need to run a nail or two through it to get the oil distributed?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: