King Canada Saw - renovating school house to home

Old 12-31-07, 10:34 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Talking King Canada Saw - renovating school house to home

Hi there,

My husband and I just purchased some land with an old school house on it. My husbands intention is to convert this into our home.

I just bought him a mitre table saw for christmas...a heavy duty one, next is the saw. I was planning on getting the King Canada one, because I thought it was a good deal. But the more I read about the saw from these threads the more I am wondering.

I need to get him a saw that is reliable and is capable of doing the work that it required. The frame of the house is good and solid. But there is nothing on the inside, which means we will be building the complete interior.

Any recommendations on a GOOD, AFFORDABLE saw. I am in Ontario Canada so if possible if anyone knows of these things and what store tor purchase it would be muchly appreciated...as I am a wife...lol

I tried to research as much as possible...i am just lost though.

Thanks in advance!!!!
D

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-07, 10:57 AM
Group Moderator
Received 284 Votes on 260 Posts
just one question...

does this NEED to be a gift, or is this something that maybe HE'D like to shop for himself? Guys don't usually like to shop, but when it comes to buying tools, most guys are like a kid in a candy store.

I assume you're talking about a table saw... but you might also consider that for demolition, a reciprocating saw is a MUST, and a skilsaw should also be on the list. Not sure about King Canada's quality... kind of looks like some of Harbor Freight's stuff... not the quality of name brands that most contractors are used to using.

Old 12-31-07, 08:29 PM
Group Moderator
Received 59 Votes on 55 Posts
If your husband is at all like me, your best bet is to tell him what you have in mind, but let him pick it out. He may want a different brand, different features or another tool entirely.