Porter Cable "Tiger Claw" reciprocating saw

Old 01-25-08, 07:34 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Porter Cable "Tiger Claw" reciprocating saw

The collar that holds the blade in my reciprocating saw has come loose inside. The blade is still held secure in the collar, but the motor (which works just fine) no longer pushes the blade backwards and forwards; in fact it floats freely, sliding in and out under gravity or with the slightest touch.

I tried removing a couple of Torx screws that are visible near where the loose collar enters the body of the saw, but that doesn't get me inside to fix the problem.

Any thoughts?

Old 02-10-08, 05:09 AM
I
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Try downloading a parts list from their web. You will need the model number. With parts list you will be able to see what broke or gave up inside.

Old 02-10-08, 11:14 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
That would be a great idea. Most likely you have a broken transmission or it could be as simple as a nut or bolt coming loose.

Old 02-10-08, 11:49 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
Hard to say what the problem is without disassembling it. Taking it in for repair will probably cost more than the tool is worth, so your best bet is to DIY, find the part you need, and see if you can replace it yourself.

Factory service is the only way to maintain any warranty on your tools, but if they are beyond the limited warranty period, what do you have to lose?

A schematic is available online for this tool if you would Google for: tool parts direct tiger claw schematic

I think the schematic is about the 6th link down.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: