Air hose help

Old 02-29-08, 02:57 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Air hose help

You guys were very helpful with suggestions on a brad nailer; next (likely last question for a bit) question is:
Any preference for an air hose for the nailer? The rubber ones or the coiled plastic ones? I'll likely only use for indoor projects so temperature is likely not an issue if that comes into the selection process.
I'm thinking the coiled plastic ones might be annoying for some reason, but the rubber type will be heavier to use?
TIA,
Bob

Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-08, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator
Received 35 Votes on 33 Posts
By far a rubber hose would be much better than coil type.

The coil type is normally quite short for hooking up by a work bench or other fixed location.

Old 02-29-08, 09:06 PM
T
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
By far the best hose I have ever used is a flexeel. I bought a 1/4" x 50' then bought another. Now everyone at work has them. If you do any work with a nail gun above your head you will see why they are the best. It is because they are so light. The weight of the hose does not pull the gun down.

Home depot has some copycat version, but they are no where near as good. Flexeels use compression fittings, and the copycats are crimp. If you ever damage the flexeel, you can cut the bad part off, and move the fitting without any problems.

I have had the same 2 hoses for over 2 years now, with zero problems. I only had to cut off 2 feet of hose after someone cut my hose. I have had them stretch more then they should, when it got ran over by a scissor lift, then they went up with the hose. I was shocked it didn't burst.

I will never by another hose. You can find them at good tool stores, or online at amazon, toolbarn, ebay, etc.

Goodluck

Old 03-12-08, 04:59 AM
I
Here is what I did for my compressor hose problems in shop. I was tired of tripping over the hose on floor and rolling them up either by hand or a cranking them up, so I installed a air circuit around my shop. My shop is 20' x 28' so more locations for hookup were needed. I picked up some plastic air brake hose, the type used on big trucks. Its 3/8 inch in size and is rate tested and not too expensive and can be bent or and pulled around corners .
I ran it around the shop and placed 3/8 T fittings where I wanted a outlet for air to be and added quick connects at those locations. I connected that loop around the shop to the compressor. I have had this set up for about on 8 years without a problem or leak. I have 4 places I can draw are from the system in the shop. I think the whole system was less then 50 bucks. I used airbrake hose and fittings because they are better tested then other fittings and hoses.
I use short coiled hoses for most projects and disconnect them from the loop when not in use.
My brad gun I use a small carry around tank and a short coiled hose. It works fine for most smaller projects.