...drill switch wiring...silly me...

Old 03-04-08, 05:45 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy ...drill switch wiring...silly me...

I don't know how I did it wrong. I thought I wrote the wiring down correctly when I disconnected the wiring so I could extend the distance of the switch so I could mount the drill as a bench drill and have a remote switch.
The drill now goes...whrrrrrr but does not turn.
The drill is a Chinese manufactured KK2, model, KK2PD13RES impact power drill with variable speed.
230 - 240V AC 50HZ 500Watts Chuck 13mm 0-2,500 rpm

One of the power plug wires would not come out of the switch so it stayed in the switch assembly and I think I put the other wire into the correct hole.

The switch is #FA28-4IBEK 4(3)A250V /50HZ 5E4
~

..the tilde is beneath the V and there is a diagonal line slashing through the Z left to right...heh...

There is wiring diagrams on the switch top and the side.

The motor seems to be mounted inside the casing ok.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-08, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator
Received 15 Votes on 15 Posts
I am hopeful but I highly doubt anyone will have an idea how that drill should be wired.
There is a lot to be said for a close up digital picture before taking anything apart.

Is there a dealer near you that handles those drills?

Old 03-04-08, 10:02 PM
the drill model was imported by an auto trader

...Super Cheap Auto...gawd, I shall not give up yet...I contacted them and the fellow said he was chasing up a manual for me but it seems that would not have wiring diagrams, which I doubted it would anyway, but was still well worth the trying.

I found a guy auctioning one of that drill on the TradeMe auction site here in NZ and I have asked a question on his auction...long shot , and a bit pushie but I said it would be very easy, which it would be.

Finding the manufacturer in China would help, I think, but I have been searching nonstop for a week and found no KK2. Howwever I am still looking and at other manufacturers dills for ideas about the wiring, another long shot.

Now I feel all I need is someone with the same model drill who would like to help me.

edited: motivation to buy a camera is increasing daily....thankyou for the good idea GregH

...you sirname is not Hoare, is it?...I used to know a Greg Hoare.

Last edited by Squooglebutt6; 03-04-08 at 10:08 PM. Reason: spelling and punctuation corrections
Old 03-04-08, 11:20 PM
Variable speed impact drill..?

*tries to imagine such a switch*

I'm sure this can be puzzled out by testing. An appliance person would take it to the bench and never mind the manual.

Old 03-15-08, 06:47 PM
Well, I am very , I mean, I am very ...
I found someone selling a drill the same model and I asked could he post a photograph of the switch and the motor wiring and he did and from the photograph I identified the proper wiring. I did have some wires connected the wrong way and even though the guy did not show all the wires I found some logic which I used to connect the wirng properly.
And I discovered inside the switch mechanism there are 2 tiny black plastic cube components which had remains of manufacturers plastic on them. Once they were trimmed to a better squareness they fitted better and the switch worked properly.
the drill works now

Last edited by Squooglebutt6; 03-15-08 at 06:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-15-08, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator
Received 15 Votes on 15 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks for getting back to us.

Glad it worked out.