Grizzly Tools

Old 07-13-00, 09:12 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

I recently took a look at some Grizzly brand power tools, and was surprised at how much less they are than name brand (dewalt, pc, etc.), so much so, that I am skeptical. Anybody have any experience with them, good bad or otherwise?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-00, 02:36 PM
Visiting Guest
Moose, I've been wondering the same thing. I have not bought any Grizzly tools because I am concerned about quality and getting repair parts.

Old 07-15-00, 03:07 AM
I will not mention any brands, but some tools are what are called through away tools.
Use it a few times, and through it away. The price is so cheap, that after you have used it you have gotten your moneys worth. If you want a good tool, buy a good tool. I guarantee you get what you pay for. I have a weekly tool bill of a couple hundred dollars. I buy only top of the line and quality. I never shop price. If that is what it costs, that is what it costs.

Old 07-15-00, 09:22 AM
Visiting Guest
I have heard good reports on this brand. Not sure why they are so much less than others.

I have a good friend who has been a shop teacher for 30 some years and has a real nice shop at his home. He is pleased with Grizzly brand power tools.

More than a Carpenter
http://www.carpenter.cjb.net

Old 07-29-00, 12:11 PM
How often are you going to use the tool? Every day then buy quality,once in a while then Grizzly may work for you.I bought a Chicago electric,electric planner from Harbor Freight tools about 4 years ago for around $40.00 it has held up real well but I only use it once in a while,my cordless drills that I use everyday are Dewalt and Makita.Hope this help. Dave