table saw brands

Old 07-30-00, 11:52 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

I am looking for a table saw. Can anyone suggest any inexpensive but reliable brands? I have my eye on a Mastercraft and a Delta, does anyone have anything bad to say about either of these brands? Also, bench saws are quite a bit cheaper, are they any good or would they be too small to be of much use? All comments good and bad would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Carbide

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-00, 04:13 AM
Either of those brands will do you will. both relaible for what your uses are. No bench saws.

Old 07-31-00, 05:54 PM
Visiting Guest
I have a Delta 10" Contractors table saw and would not part with it (unless someone gave me a Unisaw).

More than a Carpenter
http://www.carpenter.cjb.net

Old 07-31-00, 09:18 PM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Thanks for the input guys. I have not heard anything bad about the Delta brand so far so I am leaning towards that one.

Old 08-02-00, 02:14 PM
Visiting Guest
Smile

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Carbide:
I am looking for a table saw. Can anyone suggest any inexpensive but reliable brands? I have my eye on a Mastercraft and a Delta, does anyone have anything bad to say about either of these brands? Also, bench saws are quite a bit cheaper, are they any good or would they be too small to be of much use? All comments good and bad would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Carbide

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 08-02-00, 02:28 PM
Visiting Guest

I have own a "Skil 3400" benchtop table saw for 8 years and have made countless project with good results using this saw. As with any benchtop direct drive table saw you can expect quite a bit of vibration and noise it's just typical with direct drive.
I bought the "Skil" over the "Delta" because of the extra features offered at that time and price.
I also purchased a folding table with fence made especially for benchtop table saws and it really helped alot. The motor on my "Skil" table saw just stopped working last week.
This week I purchased a "Jet" contractor saw after carefully comparison shopping and wished that I had saved up for it instead of ever having purchased a benchtop saw in the first place, you may want to take that into consideration.
Hope this bit of information helps!