air compressor for garage

Old 09-05-08, 11:43 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
air compressor for garage

I have a sears 3hp and 125psi compressor, its old. I just put on a new regulator and pressure switch and i can't get it to shut off. I turned the pressure switch way down to shut it off early with no such luck. Hope someone else has had this problem. If i'am in the wrong grouping let me know. First time user,....thanks 54 jerry

Old 09-05-08, 12:28 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! We can run with it. It appears it may not be building up pressure. You didn't say whether it was or not. You may be turning the outlet pressure down. That won't affect the turning on and off. Let it run for a few minutes, then turn it off manually and listen for air escaping. Using a spray bottle with soapy water, spray it all down. You will find the leak. If it is not a leak, you may have worn or broken compressor piston rings.

Old 09-08-08, 02:05 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
air compressor

Chandler -- thanks for the reply. It's building pressure ok. It's got me hanging. thanks

Old 09-08-08, 04:23 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 785 Upvotes on 688 Posts
Does it keep building pressure while it's running and then kick off the pop off valve? If so, I'd double check everything with the new regulator.

Old 09-08-08, 06:35 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
If it is building pressure, then I would change the pressure regulating valve, as it appears to have gone south. As Marksr asks, is it popping off the overprotection valve??

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: