Silent Air Question

Old 10-06-08, 07:49 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Silent Air Question

Hello I want to build my own silent air compressor for Airbrushing T-shirts at parties. I need something that can give 2.0 CFM Free Air 84-114 PSI Op-Pressure. Can you please tell me what silent compressor motor i need or the specs? We have spare compressor motors at work pulled from working refrigerator units setting there collecting dust. I obviously need a tank and compressor that will recover fast enough without heating up. I appreciate any tutorials or info. I have the skills, but lack the specs.

thanks
Phil

Old 10-08-08, 02:08 PM
J
Old 10-08-08, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
I would think a dive tank at 3000 or so PSI,with an appropriate regulator and filter, might be a better option. No compressor will be silent, unless you can pipe the air to the location of use and leave the compressor outside.

Old 10-11-08, 10:11 AM
P
I have come up with a better idea. I will buy a pancake compressor oilless and replace compressor with refrigerator compressor 1hp. Since everything is already there I will need to do is match up lines. My question is how much oil do i need to have in compressor and beside the water separator that already comes with unit do i have to another separator for oil. I need clean air. I know they sell silent aire compressor but I do not know how much oil are in the bottom of compressor

thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: