Little Giant ladders

Old 11-01-08, 01:44 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Little Giant ladders

I need a ladder. Actually I need several ladders. The Little Giant seems to fit all my needs. I have a hang-up about buying something advertised on late night infomercials. Is it a quality product? Any comparable products I should be looking at? Anywhere to buy it at less than MSRP? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-08, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
I've known people that own them or the Gorilla. They liked the fact they can carry only one ladder for most small jobs. The larger Contractors I knew didn't care, since they would always have multiple trucks and onsite storage.

I guess if you were storage space restricted, they might be ok.
I never liked them myself. They seem awfully heavy (though thats not really a bad thing), and a bit of a pain to fold, click, latch, etc, etc. The accessories aren't cheap either.

Since I have good storage and a 1-story house, I'm happy now with 6', 7' and 10' FG stepladders.

Old 11-01-08, 07:20 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
I use the fiberglas Gorilla ladder and love it. However, due to its weight, I use a regular step ladder unless I need the articulation of the Gorilla. Now, if you compare price, there is no contest. They have to pay for those informercials somehow, and it is obvious, the cost of the ladder is exaggerated to do that.

Old 11-13-08, 06:27 AM
P
little giant

I own one and my only error is ordering largest size.
To use to replace extension ladder its way to heavy.
I am 300+ lbs and want a sturdy ladder and went with it for that reason if was going to do over would order mid size unit.
I like its abiklilty to be used on on even ground or stairs.
Also like its ability to shorten one side so you can be closer to wall straight on.
I did buy a small knock off at lowes that I use for small jobs and its just as sturdy( and much cheaper).

Old 11-13-08, 09:47 AM
T
I ended up buying the 17' Werner multi-ladder. Very happy with it, although at 17' the extension setup is a little shaky.

Old 11-13-08, 04:04 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
If you look on the side of the ladder, it will say the ladder is 17', but the effective working height is probably only 15'. You shouldn't allow the hooks to go past the second rung from the top.

Old 11-15-08, 04:10 PM
I
I own the largest little giant ladder, and love it. It is quite heavy, and I have pinched my fingers so many times. (I would count them on my fingers but I don't have enough left) Despite those two drawbacks, the ladder has paid for itself. I have painted my entire house, including vaulted ceilings, done trimwork in my foyer walls, which are vaulted, done work on my stairs, etc., etc., etc. If I didn't have this ladder, I would have had to purchase multiple ladders, or hired someone to do the work.