Shop Vac

Old 11-16-08, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Shop Vac

Ok, looking for opinions here.....

It's time to replace my old 3hp 16 gal ShopVac. It still works ok, but its the small hose kind and really isn't that great. Seems to lose suction pretty quickly after cleaning it out, no matter what kind of filter I use. Think it was one of the Xmas special buy models. I have a Ridgid Portable for small electric tools (sanders and such) that actually works better.

What kind have you guys used, and what have you been most satisfied with. Not a dust collection system, just general garage use. Most wood gets cut outside and the dust gets swept and dumped. Oh, and any filter types you feel are better than others.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-08, 11:36 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ive got a rigid 6hp 2" hose one that I really like , I bought mine used but HD has had a great deal on them the last two years on the "black Friday " day after thanksgiving sales for around $30.00

I always used the smaller ones and the 2" hose is really amazing on what I can pick up

if you can wait a couple of weeks it might be worth is

Old 11-16-08, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator
I was going to mention, I really don't have a lot of choices here. HD, Wally World and one of those small neighborhood Sears.

And I have $125 gift card for HD.

Thanks MM

Old 11-16-08, 01:39 PM
J
You got enough$$$$$$$$$$$ for a good Rigid @ HD..............
Some guys have all the luck....................................................

Old 11-16-08, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator
My wife won the card in some sort of contest online...lol, as well as a bunch of other stuff.

Old 11-16-08, 02:09 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Let's see.....$125, less the $30....oh, heck, that leaves a cool $90 with the tax. What can you buy for $90, besides one dewalt battery.
Hey, Mango, I did the same thing. Got the big Ridgid for $25 off display. Thought I would have to pop for the hoses and fittings.....they were inside, untouched, still in the bag. Really a good vac.

Old 11-16-08, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator
Well, I told "She Who Must Be Obeyed" that I'd like an impact driver too. I already have most of the Ryobi stuff and about 8 batteries......hmmmmm.

Amazing...3 people who like the same thing? And it's a HD product!! ...lol

Old 11-16-08, 02:36 PM
I already have most of the Ryobi stuff and about 8 batteries......hmmmmm.
I'm really hoping to pick up some sort of deal on the Ryobi 18volt li-on batteries and charger on Christmas sales this year

I didnt do as well as you Chandler , I bought mine for 20 at the habitat for humanity re-store but it didn't have a filter so 15 for a filter and now I'm into it for 35 and it didn't have any of the accessories

a couple of months later I go to the "black Friday " sale at HD and the whole thing brand new 27.00

last year the kit had two filters and I probably should have bought it just for the filters and accessories

Old 11-16-08, 05:07 PM
I just got back from HD and they had a Whole wall of shop vacs in the "special section outside the tool dept they use for seasonal stuff

looking around it looks like this is going to be the holiday section so I think its safe to assume these will be the black Friday sale items

when the sale flier comes up on line I'll post a link