Benchtop Cordless Drill

Old 12-10-08, 06:29 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Benchtop Cordless Drill

How do I get a stuck drillbit out of the head of the drill. I have tried the small tool for this purpose several times, and although it is clear that the tool fits and is the right one, I can't get anything to loosen or open up AT ALL. I need to put in a flat screwdriver head, but can't get the drill bit out. The tool is a Benchtop Cordless Drill 3/8 in. I am borrowing it from a friend, and he couldn't get the bit out either. What am I doing wrong? I hope you can help!

Thanks, CrazyAuntSuzy

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-08, 06:53 PM
S
I'm guessing this is an off brand drill and that the last time someone put a bit in it they overtightened it.

I'd try locking the drill into a vise or wedging it between something so it's held in place,put the chuck key in the chuck and tap on it with a hammer and see if you can break it loose.

You should know that this drill probably sold for 20 or 30 dollars and isn't worth but so much effort.If you can't get it loose replace it with a household grade drill from Black and Decker,Skil or Craftsman.you'll have a drill that will do what you need and be of a quality level that is better than what you have now and get it for maybe 40 dollars tops probably less.

Old 12-11-08, 07:23 AM
C
Benchtop Drill

spdavid, thanks for this. I will do as you suggest. On further inspection, it seems as thought it has indeed been overtightened. I truly appreciate your response. This website has been an enormous help to me.

Best regards,
crazyauntsuzy

Old 12-11-08, 10:45 AM
S
Also might try using a peice of pipe or similar as an extension for the chuck key handle to increase leverage.