Need parts for Tool Shop Miter saw

Old 01-06-09, 02:42 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need parts for Tool Shop Miter saw

I searched in here but apparently "tool shop miter saw" is too generic 'cause I got everything from saws to topics on VW Jettas......

I've got a Tool Shop 12" compound, sliding miter saw. I bought it a bit over 2 years ago for the "rough" cutting on a garage addition, and now I'm trying to use it for some other work. UNFORTUNATELY, The toothed cam that operates the safety guard broke (it was pot metal so noone would even touch it to try and fix it). Naturally, without this part, there's no safety guard and after getting WAY too close to the blade twice I realized that I'd best fix this before I get to have limb attachment surgery.....

Which, of course, is the problem. After going to Menard's 3 times, and getting 3 different numbers, NONE of which make this saw, I finally had someone at Mendards tell me the number is in China, and they have no clue how to get parts for this saw.....

SO, The SKU on the thing is 240-2190, and it's a couple-year-old 12" compound miter saw. Anybody in here have a way to contact somebody so I can buy the $3 part so I don't cut off a finger or hand with this thing? ANd YES, I've looked through the manual and there are NO CONTACT NUMBERS. NONE.

BTW: For those asking about the quality of these tools - mediocre at best. A $10 sander may be OK, but this saw has had very limited use and the amount of play on the blade shaft makes it impossible to get precise, or even remotely accurate, cuts. And with the flimsiness of the safety guard, the thing is a major disappointment. It was fine for hacking the ends off 2x8 or 2x10 pieces, but it's worthless for anything more demanding.....

Anyhow, ANYBODY got a contact number so I can get the needed part?

Old 01-06-09, 03:38 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
What did you pay for it? Probably worth breaking down and getting a good one. A known brand will be easier to replace parts. Shop around, either at the big box stores for a deal, or classified ads or even garage sales. You probably can find a good one for a decent price.

Old 01-08-09, 02:02 PM
D
Fortunately, I got a good one for doing the trim in the house. But, it would still be worthwhile getting a part for the Tool Shop unit for doing rough work or selling it to someone that could make use of it. So, I need a contact number.....

Worst case, a number that'll get me to someone at Menard's headquarters that CAN get me a number.

Old 01-08-09, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
hmmm...donate it to Habitat for Humanity with a big note saying the guard doesn't work and let someone else spend the time and money to try and fix it? Take a tax writeoff.

I couldn't find anything, and I doubt you will even if you find the buyer at Menards HQ.

Much of the Chinese stuff is considered disposable...even by the companies that build it.

Old 12-13-09, 07:43 PM
D
I got the exact same # saw and problem. I haven't called yet but the # I got is 1-866-915-8626. from menards.

Old 10-01-10, 01:02 PM
C
Same problem here

Have been happy with the saw but the same thing happened to me and it is dangerous with no guard. I guess I will have to try and bolt the thing back together, welding would not work...

Old 04-15-13, 10:06 AM
P
Tool Shop 240-2190 sliding miter saw

I found the company that supplies parts for this saw. It is Great Lakes Technologies in IL the number is 888-315-3080.
Called gave them part#, Serial# and placed an order for the parts I needed (electric carbon brushes for the motor) within 5 minutes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: