Air compressor pipe routing

Old 01-15-09, 08:22 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Air compressor pipe routing

I have an Emglo K15A-8P, I have just wired the motor thanks to these forums. I can not find the right schematic for the hoses or they are incomplete. I have a good idea where the main air hose goes from the compressor to the tank. There is some small 1/4 inch fitting on both the pump and the power switch, I think a small copper tube goes from one to the other but I can't find any clear picture that have the same setup as I do. In the pdf manual I have it says it is some sort of control tube. I was wondering if anyone had the same setup as I so I could compare the two. My compressor is the K15A-8P, I believe it is the model with the dual control switch ( based on this schematic): DeWALT ServiceNET - Official Online Store for DeWALT, Porter Cable, Delta, and Black and Decker Parts.

The one on the top right corner is the closest to my setup. I have included pictures for comparison. If any more info is needed please ask! Might need to save files to zoom and see text

[img=http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/9494/s5003700gm2.th.jpg]

Old 01-16-09, 03:42 AM
F
the 1/4" copper line goes from the compressor head to the pilot valve on the pressure switch.

Old 01-16-09, 06:47 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
The 1/4" tube just tells the switch when to turn on and off. Sounds as if you have the big one already in place. You're good to go. Be sure to set your on and off pressure values to match factory settings.

Larry
Ram 3500 Cummins 5.9 24 valve 365K

Old 01-16-09, 09:57 PM
R
Thanks for your help, once I get my hands on some good tubing or hose I will post my results. Thanks

Old 01-29-09, 03:39 AM
I
Make sure that the compression release is working on your system after you replace the 1/4 tube. Its a release valve or
device that takes the head pressure off of the compressor when it cycles to come off and enables to compressor to start up easier when it cycles on.

Old 01-31-09, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator
Received 52 Votes on 48 Posts
Your green and red lines in the picture are correct.

The 1/4" line goes to the pressure switch to relieve the pressure in the compressor each time it starts.

The discharge line from the compressor connects to the tank but you need to install a check valve in the tank inlet first.
This will stop the backflow of air from the tank when the pressure release in the switch vents air in the line, allowing the motor to turn the pump without any air pressure against the pistons.

There should have been a check valve in the original construction.

Old 01-31-09, 06:01 AM
F
one more thing. the red line should be coiled one time to increase the effective length. it acts as an aftercooler and isolated some vibration. you could use hose for the 1/4" line but the red one needs to be aluminum or copper (copper is factory) as it gets rather hot.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: