Electronic Table Saw

Old 03-24-09, 05:32 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Electronic Table Saw

OK, guys, I just was "donated" a 10" Craftsman electronic table saw (113.290650) in pristine shape, sans the motor. I was thinking of using it as a run off table for my Craftsman saw, since they were the same height, had the matching grooves, etc. But when I got it home, I was mesmerized with the electronic blade setting feature. Cool. Just press a few buttons and it sets the elevation and bevel via servo motor. Anyone had any experience on them, ie how to calibrate, etc?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-09, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Too fansy for me there chandler.....too much stuff to break, but curious to see how it functions. How accurate is it?

Old 03-27-09, 08:13 PM
Surprisingly accurate. I have to get instruction on calibrating it, however. There is a calibrate button, but I don't know what it does. From zero to 2" it is right on. When you get down to 1/2" or less it is a little off. But there is a "jog" switch for up and down, so you can adjust it anytime.
I took my motor off my old one and put it on this one. It purrs.
But I get your drift on the "too much" thing. I am keeping my old manual one "just in case".

Larry

Old 05-25-14, 06:51 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Craftsman electronic saw

I have had mine for more than 25 years and use it all the time.
The only problem I have had was the start switch went bad on me once I bought two so still have a spare.
I wish the saw was still offered as my son just bought a home and has never used a saw with hand wheels so they all seem like cheap saws to him...and me.
It is a great saw!

Old 05-25-14, 12:15 PM
Well to update this 5 year old thread, I got the saw working and it worked great. My stepson had another saw in pay storage he wanted me to store in my barn. It was a Delta Unisaw, 5hp with a Jessem router at the end of a 6' runoff table. Guess where I am "storing" it? Yep. craftsman is in my barn