Craftsman mower leaking fuel

Old 06-27-09, 05:36 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Craftsman mower leaking fuel

My Craftsman Mower leaking fuel at the carburator, the fuel fills the intake tube from the airfilter and leaks at that point as well as from the intake port going to the cylinder. I've never seen such a leak before because the fuel is rising above the point where the fuel line goes to the carb.

What would cause the fuel to fill with the engine turned off? I unplugged the fuel solendoid under the fuel bowl, no change the fule still leaked. So I clamped off the hose, till I know where to look. Is the carb bad or do I need a rebuild rather than replace? What would cause the fuel to leak with no vaccum to pull the fuel from the tank?
Thanks.

SeedyRom

Old 06-27-09, 06:50 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Check the vent hole on your gas cap. If it has trash in it, heat will build up in the tank, and there's only one place for it to go -- to the carb. Poke a straightened paper clip in it and wash it in gasoline thouroughly.

Old 06-29-09, 01:07 AM
S
I tried the paper clip, no change, when i unclamp the hose line the fule builds up in about 15 to 20 minutes and leaks to the ground. My tank is firm but kind of flexible, if it push down on the tank withthe cap on I can hear and feel air moving out of the cap hole. Any other ideas? Thanks.

Old 06-30-09, 04:27 PM
B
Perhaps the float, if so equipped, is sticking?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: