Graco or Titan Paint Sprayer

Old 08-07-09, 01:17 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Graco or Titan Paint Sprayer

Hi all. Hopefully you can answer this question for me. What is better, the Graco magnum xr7 or the Titan XT330?

I want to buy one to do some routine maintenance on some property.

If you have used one or both, please let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-09, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
graco or titan paint sprayer

I have had a Graco for the last 5 years, if I was to buy a paint sprayer again I would check to see what one is lighter and also whose parts are cheeper. I have rebuilt my sprayer 6 times so far it can get expensive. Plus when you need to use it you want one that is not going to break your back.

Old 08-07-09, 01:53 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 294 Votes on 261 Posts
Graco has the reputation of being one of if not the best in contractor type airless's. I have 2 Titan 660s that I've been well satisfied with. I've used the 440 and it's ok for small jobs but I've never heard of the 330 until now. Years ago I used a graco magnum [as an employee] and it did an adequate job.

According to the spec sheet, the titan 330 will support a bigger tip and pumps a little more volume but with both of them being 1/3 gpm or less, they wouldn't be stout enough for big jobs. Both would probably require thinning with most of the heavier latex paints in order for them to spray properly.

As noted above, check into part availibilty and ease of repair. Both will probably come with a repair manual but that would be something to check on. Use of throat seal and not letting the pump run dry are the 2 most important factors in extending the pumps life. Some coatings will cause more wear and tear than others.

Last edited by marksr; 08-09-09 at 05:42 AM. Reason: fix typo