Gotta pick a used mig welder..Help?

Old 08-28-09, 07:39 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gotta pick a used mig welder..Help?

I have come to the point that I need a welder to do light body work, some exhaust work, and a lil 3/16 plate here and there.. I am on a $200 budget unfortunately .none of these have the gas kits on them but has the connections .. here is what I have come across..

First there is a Lincoln weldpak 100 thats missing the side panel..But works flawless with the flux core..price$175

Second is a lincoln sp100 that just wont penetrate very well and spatters badly.... could be a bad transformer in it.. was just considering cause I was told it was a better mig then the weldpack100......price $150 ........

New welders r out of the eqaution..For about a year... somthing has to make due for now.. thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-09, 10:26 PM
J
Lincoln weldpak sounds like the one---if you like the weld --- leave it alone.
If you pick up the gas tank-gages & accessories it will be big $$$$$$$$$$$$
have fun..................
get a piece of sheet alum. or steel & make your own panel !!

Old 09-08-09, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by cantbuytime View Post
I have come to the point that I need a welder to do light body work, some exhaust work, and a lil 3/16 plate here and there.. I am on a $200 budget unfortunately .none of these have the gas kits on them but has the connections .. here is what I have come across..

First there is a Lincoln weldpak 100 thats missing the side panel..But works flawless with the flux core..price$175

Second is a lincoln sp100 that just wont penetrate very well and spatters badly.... could be a bad transformer in it.. was just considering cause I was told it was a better mig then the weldpack100......price $150 ........

New welders r out of the eqaution..For about a year... somthing has to make due for now.. thanks
it will be hard to find a good welder with gas hook up and tank for 200.00. Not impossible, just difficult. you won't be happy with a flux core welder. too much splatter and requires a cleaner weld area and cleaning the flux continuously. i have a lincoln sp100 with gas. ond but works great to 3/16 thickness( thicker with more passes). if i were to buy now, i would go with the miller. i think it is a better welder; although i haven't had a problem with mine using either .035 wire or .023. take the time to shop for a gas mig.