Radial arm saw table

Old 01-23-10, 02:29 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Radial arm saw table

Have just purchased a used crasftman 10" radial arm saw, and the table needs replaceing. Does anyone have plans or instructions on how to build one

Old 01-23-10, 02:52 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
Your question seems to indicate that your table is missing, otherwise you would just take the existing table apart and duplicate the parts using the same dimensions and similar materials.

If it's missing, go to Parts & Accessories | Shop & Find Lawn & Garden, Appliance Parts at Sears PartsDirect | SearsPartsDirect.com and enter your model number. You should find the schematic for your saw, and can select the right diagram to have a look at the original dimensions.

Otherwise here are some similar threads:

http://forum.doityourself.com/tools-...imensions.html

http://forum.doityourself.com/tools-...adial-arm.html

http://forum.doityourself.com/tools-...-question.html

Or are you wanting to make some much longer, more permanent table for it?

Old 01-23-10, 07:55 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
XSleeper's links are right on. If you do decide to do as he suggested at the end and have the room for it, you will be very happy. I have mine centered on my 24' back wall with an 8' table on either side of the saw (16' total). The only thing you have to adhere to is the fence placement. Length is to suit your needs.

Old 01-24-10, 07:11 AM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
FWIW, many years ago when I owned a Craftsman 10" RAS I replaced the worn out original (particle board) top with a piece of melamine cut to size which worked very well (and was still on it when I sold it).

Old 02-03-10, 07:19 AM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What ever you decide to build; I would advise taking a sheet of 1/4" hardboard and make a sacrificial top. Tack it down around the outside where you know the blade will never hit. This way you only cut into the hardboard, not your actual top. When that piece is destroyed just replace it.
I did it with mine and I've never regretted it. I use my saw a lot and have only replaced the top once in 10 years. Unless you make a bunch of strange angle cuts the blade should travel down the same path each time you draw the arm out. This also tells you right away if your blade or arm is out of adjustment because if it does go down a different path on a repeat cut, something if off.Beer 4U2

George

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: