Problem with Hitachi M12V

Old 01-27-10, 02:45 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Problem with Hitachi M12V

I bought what was supposed to be a new router on Ebay, it wasn't. The first problem was that it wouldn't turn on. I took the switch apart and cleaned it. It appeared to work fine. so I mounted it in my router table, and tried to use it. It came on fine and ran at the proper speed until it made contact with the wood, at that point it shut off. kept trying by turning it back off and on. Same thing kept happening. My question is, does it sound like a simple fix that I can do, or could it be many things. Thanks, Mike

Old 01-27-10, 06:03 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 10 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Mike, welcome to the forums! Have you checked the condition of the brushes, yet. Most likely they are accessible under the screw springs on the side.

Old 01-31-10, 07:27 AM
M
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
I have the same router and burned out the speed control trying to route too much too fast. This may be the problem, If it is a new speed control cost too much to replace so you're out of luck. To get around my problem I removed the speed control and now use a plug in speed control. I also bought a second MV12 and only use this one when I need a two router set up. If you can adjust the speed then I would say that you simply have a wiring problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: