Anyone have any feedback on Festool products?

Old 03-02-10, 06:26 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Anyone have any feedback on Festool products?

The tools are on the pricey side, but they look cool, and I'm a gadget guy. Something that far out of the price range of competitors similar products has to have some sort of an advantage outside of looks, and the ability to sponsor a couple of Home Improvement shows.

Anyone have any experience or own any of these things? I'm in the market for a new mitre saw and stand and am looking at every option. Including an auction on a Rigid 10" attached to a mobile stand. Very cool thing but it's used (not a problem if it is in good working condition) and some DeWalt products from discount sites.

I came across the Festool products and am just wondering.

Thnx

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-10, 10:38 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Never had the pleasure of using a festool, and like you, only seen them on home shows. I have both a 12" Bosch and recently purchased a 12" double bevel Ridgid with an offset motor. It allows me to cut tall floor moldings standing up without the motor hitting the molding on the way down. 10" is marginal, but if you can get a deal, grab it and growl. The rolling stands are a bonus. Miter, table saw and compressor all roll. I'm too old to be toting heavy stuff around.

Old 03-02-10, 04:31 PM
Group Moderator
Received 162 Votes on 152 Posts
Some of the premier custom cabinet companies in Omaha use Festool. There must be a reason why.

Old 03-03-10, 03:09 PM
Group Moderator
Received 44 Votes on 41 Posts
You usually get what you pay for

My budget, however, does not allow me to pay for Festool, so I don't really know

Old 03-03-10, 03:18 PM
I'm in the same boat as far as buying the Festool. I have seen them in a woodworking company that I have been too many times but never ventured into buying any. I have several of the Ridgid power tools and I will buy them anyday over Dewalt as they are just as good a tool, if not better and they carry a cheaper price. They are also pretty easy to get worked on if ever needed. I'd say go for the used one if it is in good shape.

Old 06-02-13, 05:49 PM
Festool

The great advantage of Festool products is that they enable the advantages of a workshop, special tools, accurate set-up, etc. but are completely portable. The tools come in a systaner (system container) that can be stacked and locked together for travel in your truck or van, but open up directly to the tool(s) without disassembling the stack.

Their videos on YouTube are great - take 20 minutes to see for yourself. I have the sander with the dust collection unit - sand your heart away with no dust.

Old 06-03-13, 06:30 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Great tool and if you had a full time shop may be worth it.
But for me I can buy three differant tools for the price of one of there's most often.
I agree a 10" saw is about usless your just doing some small trim jobs.
I own a Hitachi double bevel 12" slider with digital readouts and a Lazer on a Ridgid Miter Saw stand but it's so top heavy it takes two people to move it around. But it can cut a 2 X 12 in one pass.

Old 06-03-13, 09:29 AM
Holy thread resurrection! lbrannan must be a Festool employee to dig that far back

Old 06-03-13, 04:29 PM
Group Moderator
Received 162 Votes on 152 Posts
That's nothing. Someone resurrected an 11 yr old thread yesterday. LOL