Ladder Level or Pivot Tool

Old 04-27-10, 07:53 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ladder Level or Pivot Tool

I need to paint a wall in my stair well. I've called everywhere for a ladder leveler/pivot tool and no one knows what the heck I'm talking about. I'd like to rent if possible. I've called Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, Retal World etc. Please give me names of stores that won't think I'm a crazy lady who doesn't know what she's talking about! I'm located in Orlando, FL
Old 04-27-10, 12:45 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA - N.E.Tn
Posts: 45,410
Received 785 Upvotes on 688 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

I've seen what your talking about for sale in the Werner ladder brochures but I don't know if it is something anyone rents. I don't remember the cost but I think it's under $100. Basically it clamps to the bottom of the ladder legs and adjusts to height needed for each leg. I'm not aware of anything that pivots a ladder.

I usually set my ladder on the steps and use a cinder/concrete block to make the ladder feet level. It would probably be best to have some one hold the ladder if you go that route.

Another thing you can do is get a brush holder. It screws on to a roller pole and the brush handle is clamped onto the holder. It can be adjusted to hold the brush at most any angle. It takes a little practice to get used to the long brush handle but it can allow you to cut in [paint] hard to reach areas. They can be found at most any paint store. Sherwin Williams, Benjamin Moore, Pittsburg Paints and Color Wheel [among others] all should carry them.

btw - I used to work in Orlando but sold my place in east orange county to move to TN in 1991.
Old 04-28-10, 05:19 AM
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: new york
Posts: 459
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
What I do is put an 8 foot ladder on the floor at the bottom of the stairs and run a plank from a stair tread to the ladder. If I'm in a stair well then I rest the ladder against wall of the well or the slanted ceiling.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: