Craftsman 315.7980 Drill

Old 09-05-10, 08:14 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Craftsman 315.7980 Drill

Have a friend that has a Craftsman 1/4" electric drill model 315.7980 - very old with silver metal case and 3 prong plug. Was wondering if anyone may have a manual or know where I could get one (Sears.com is a no go)? Also wondered if anyone knew when this drill was made.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Old 09-05-10, 08:18 AM
those things where pretty simple what would you need a manual for ? pull trigger and drill , one speed , one direction

Old 09-05-10, 08:49 AM
F
Received 39 Upvotes on 31 Posts
If it is specific parts you are looking for other than a cordset and chuck which are generic, you are probably completely out of luck.

I have an old riding mower from Sears and I can find some references on Sears.com. Or to be more specific, I have the frame and mower deck, it's a "project" and I've been working on it off and on (mostly off) for something close to thirty years. It was old when I got it so that drill motor must REALLY be old if you can't find any reference to it.

BTW, even though I can find my mower they don't have any of the parts with the exception of the original blade. Since I want a high-lift blade I'm still out of luck.

Old 09-05-10, 08:53 AM
H
Craftsman 315.7980

Thanks for the responses.

Don't need parts (seems to be running fine right now). The manual is not to advise how to use it, but for historical/collector purposes. Drill is in mint condition (even the label is clean and clear). I just thought it would be nice if he had a manual to go with it.

Old 09-05-10, 09:31 AM
In those days for such a simple tool I doubt they would have included one . what could it have said ?

sorta like looking for a screwdriver manual

"thank you for buying this fine tool to tighten a screw inert narrow end in slot and turn clockwise , to loosen turn counter clockwise "

Old 09-05-10, 11:24 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Or like the tag hanging from a Hurst shifter back in the 60's...I still remember it..."You have bought a Hurst Shifter, the finest shifter in the world. Shift it as hard as you like, just don't break your arm."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: