Campbell Hausfeld Airless Spray Gun Info Needed.

Old 09-07-10, 12:55 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Campbell Hausfeld Airless Spray Gun Info Needed.

I have a CH AL9415 3/4 hp .44 gpm airless sprayer. I need to get a new nozzle and tip for the gun. Typically all I paint is interior/exterior latex paint. My machine will not maintain pressure so I continually have to release the gun to let it build up pressure. I currently have a 517 tip in it and I am debating whether to go to a 415 or a 515 tip. Any advice will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-10, 02:54 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 330 Votes on 293 Posts
.44 gpm is pretty small. When it was new was it rated for a 5/17 tip? A 4/15 or 5/15 should help although it might also be an indication that the pump needs to be rebuilt. I don't know anything about the CH airless line but my Titans are fairly simple to rebuild. Do you have the parts manual that came with the airless?

Old 09-08-10, 06:50 AM
S
Originally Posted by marksr View Post
.44 gpm is pretty small. When it was new was it rated for a 5/17 tip? A 4/15 or 5/15 should help although it might also be an indication that the pump needs to be rebuilt. I don't know anything about the CH airless line but my Titans are fairly simple to rebuild. Do you have the parts manual that came with the airless?
Actually last night I scapped the paint off the tip and was surprised to see that the tip was a 4/15. The unit was recently rebuilt so now I am thinking of going to a 4/13 tip.

On a second note, is there a concensus as to whether the paint should be cut with water? If so, how much water is added per gallon?

Thanks

Old 09-08-10, 10:34 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 330 Votes on 293 Posts
I rarely ever thin paint for airless spray BUT my airless is capable of spraying most coatings unthinned. Being a small unit, thinning the paint might help. Usually if you thin more than 10% you hurt the properties of the coating.

Have you checked all your filters? Generally there is a manifold filter [on the pump, near where the spray line attaches] and many guns have a filter in the housing - usually where the spray line attaches to the gun.

Old 09-15-10, 08:11 PM
B
You can get the information and parts you need direct from Campbell Hausfeld.

Last edited by marksr; 09-16-10 at 09:14 AM.