Richard

Old 11-19-10, 03:19 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Richard

I have a Bostitch N79RH stick nailer. It has worked great until I just got it out, plugged in the air and all I get is air running through it.
Please help.

Old 11-19-10, 03:27 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,643 Upvotes on 1,471 Posts
check to see that the driver is pushed up all the way into the cylinder. You may need to dismantle the nose of the gun if you don't have something thin to push up the spot where the nails come shooting out.

I'm assuming that you're getting air coming out the top exhaust of the gun?

Old 11-19-10, 03:30 PM
C
Air is coming out at the trigger.

Old 11-19-10, 03:38 PM
Group Moderator
I've had to replace the trigger valve kit on both my Bostich roofing gun and finish gun in the last couple years. If your gun is very old, that's likely the problem. The plastic gets old and cracks.

They're very easy to replace. Just google: +N79RH +"trigger valve kit"

Old 11-20-10, 05:35 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
I agree with XSleeper, the fix is not that bad. I spend quite a bit of time keeping my nailers going. You try to treat them right, but helpers aren't your friend. If it isn't a trigger seal, it is the piston rings, or something. As they are building a deck, I sit and fix the nailers. I keep repair parts on the trailer just for this. Oil is your friend, however, so don't forget to use a few drops every time you pick it up to start a project, or daily during a project.

Old 11-20-10, 07:35 AM
C
I took the trigger valve out to inspect. There does not seem to be any split or cracked "o" rings. This gun was not used much before sitting up for a long time. Last night I put several drops of oil in at let it sit overnight. Could the "o" rings be too dried out to bring back to proper shap.

Old 11-20-10, 07:52 AM
Group Moderator
When my trigger valve went bad, it was the plastic around the push rod that had cracked, allowing air to bypass the o-rings... it wasn't the o-rings themselves.

I suppose if you pull the whole trigger valve assembly out, blow it with an air nozzle and lube the rubber o-rings with some axle grease, then reassemble, it might help. Who knows, maybe a piece of crap has gotten into it, keep it from closing completely.

If air is getting past the trigger, I think that is the only thing it could be.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: