Air Compressor Leaks

Old 04-30-11, 02:28 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Air Compressor Leaks

I have a 7 Gallon 1 HP Craftsman Air Compressor - Model 921.166390 it will slowly get up to about 20 PSI and then it will just continue to run. I sprayed it with a water soap solution and is leaking for Right below the Control Box. There is a valve (looks like a needle that moves in and out when you turn the unit on and off that is leaking). When looking at the part more closely it looks like it is built with a hole right where it is leaking. The manual doesn't really show this part, so I am not exactly sure what I need to order to fix it.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-11, 04:24 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the forums! That hole probably has a spring loaded ball bearing or needle behind it. The nut should be removable. If so, don't lose any parts and clean them up, lube with PB Blaster and reinstall.

Old 05-01-11, 09:14 AM
From what I have read it leads me to believe maybe the check valve is bad. But I really have no idea. Thanks for the info will try cleaning the part up and see how it goes

Old 05-02-11, 07:20 AM
No

What you are describing is not the check valve, but rather the unloader valve in the pressure switch

It has a compression fitting and a needle, that Chandler described. If the fitting is faulty, you can tighten it a little.

If the needle does not seat - it's not worth trying to fix IMO. Get a new and better pressure switch for about $20.

Old 05-10-11, 12:59 PM
Replaced Pressure Switch

Thanks for your posts, installed a new pressure switch. Just need to replace the line from the check valve to the unloader valve and it should be working. hope to get that done tonight. Will post an update once its running.

Old 05-10-11, 06:25 PM
Still Leaking

Replaced pressure switch and line running from check valve to unloader. Still only gets to 20 psi and motor just runs and runs. Not sure what it could be at this point. Anyone have any suggestions?