Air compressor identification

Old 05-12-11, 07:50 PM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air compressor identification

I received this air compressor and tank today for free. I want to tear down the head and rebuild it, but it doesn't have a tag on the compressor head and I doubt the tank and head originally came together. The only thing I know is that this compressor is old. If anyone can help me identify it, I'll track down parts.

Here are some pictures:

Old 05-13-11, 04:03 PM
M
2 banger

Looks asian Your best bet is too pull the heads off those cylinders, clean up the valves, replace gaskets and see if it can pump. Do you have the motor for it? If the bottom end is bad, send it right back to its country of origin. Sometimes free isn't free, ya know?

Old 05-22-11, 01:23 PM
A
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Air Compressor ID

Looks to be a Schulz. It is from Brazil. US headquarters is in Norcross, GA. It is not very old. Doesn't look to be the origional tank. You're also missing the intercooler tube. Can't tell the model of the pump without the bore and stroke. Your going to want a 1700 rpm motor of the right Hp. to run that pump and a proper pulley to get the pump in the 700-800 rpm range. A brand new 5 hp Schulz compressor runs around $1600.00.

Old 05-25-11, 10:06 PM
J
Thank you Ken. I'll see if I can contact them tomorrow.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: