Campbell Hausfeld Pressure Switch

Old 06-30-11, 10:34 PM
H
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Compressor Campbell Hausfeld Pressure Switch

Hello All

The new girl on the block. I just put a pressure switch (CW301300AJ)on this old CH I just got and it is the recommended (new) one for this model. The Model is LT550000, a 2HP 11 Gallon horizontal. My question is that the max pressure on the tank sez 100, but the switch itself sez 125, Do I need to adjust the switch so that it doesn't exceed the 100, or will it be okay if I don't?

Old 07-01-11, 04:58 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! While you may have no adverse affects using it at 125 lbs (that is factory setting BTW), your components may only be able to withstand somewhat over 100 psi. I would adjust it down to 100 psi. Face it, even power tools maximum rating is 90 psi, so you will still be good with 100.

Old 07-01-11, 07:50 AM
M
You are NEVER supposed to exceed max allowed tank pressure. Especially on an old unit. Is this on an ASME tag? Surprised that a small tank like that is rated.

Be safe, adjust the switch down.

Old 07-02-11, 07:50 PM
D
air compressor shutting down

I have a 5hp Cambell Hausfeld air compressor and when you turn it on it will run for a couple minutes and then shuts off. You have to unplug and turn the switch off for 2 to 3 minutes and then you can plug it back in and turn it on and it will run again for a couple minutes and do the same. It has nothing to do with the pressure, it seems to be a internal breaker that needs to reset. What is causing this and what do I need to wire pass it or fix this problem?

Old 07-03-11, 08:30 AM
M
dahunt

It sounds like the contacts in the switch are burned out. If you don't have a mag starter wired to the motor, all the high current goes right through the switch and eventually destroys the contacts. Take a look, I bet they are pitted and burned. New pressure switch - problem solved.

Old 07-24-11, 08:05 PM
D
I talking about it shutting off after 30 to 40 lbs, then unplug and turn it off and wait for it to reset and it may go another 20lbs pressure. It will take 3 to 4 times going through this step to get it to 120 lbs pressure

Old 07-24-11, 08:42 PM
M
It's either the switch or the motor. If the switch is okay, is the motor thermally protected? It should say something right on the nameplate. If it draws too much current and gets overheated, it'll pop an internal breaker to protect the windings. some reset manually, some automatically. Once it cools down it's back to business. Check the amp draw with a meter and compare to nameplate rating.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: