air impact wrench

Old 11-15-11, 10:06 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
air impact wrench

Have an air impact wrench it only worked twice from new then stopped.When trigger is pulled its leaking air at forward/reverse button and not working.Have stripped it apart and cant see anything obvious.How do I get forward/reverse button out to check o ring.Any other ideas would be great.Conan

Last edited by johnjo; 11-15-11 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-16-11, 01:04 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 97 Votes on 85 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Is it new enough to still be under warranty? If not, what are the make and model?

Old 11-16-11, 02:27 PM
J
Originally Posted by mitch17 View Post
Welcome to the forums.

Is it new enough to still be under warranty? If not, what are the make and model?
It`s about 2 years old and only used 3 times.It should be under warranty but shop is saying I need to have original purchase reciept to get the warranty.The model is a power craft.I have parts diagram and think if I could get forward/reverse botton out, the o ring could be gone,have had everything else stripped out of it.Conan

Old 11-16-11, 02:38 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 97 Votes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by johnjo View Post
It should be under warranty but shop is saying I need to have original purchase reciept to get the warranty.
Yeah, I can believe that. Repairing such things is not my area of expertise but it sounds like you're on the right track. Others should be along with greater knowledge than I have.

Old 11-16-11, 08:52 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Have you properly lubricated the wrench with light oil down the air pipe, or in the oil hole on the side? It may just need some help getting rejuvenated. Oil will also help keep the "o" rings softer and prevent premature cracking.

Old 11-17-11, 02:52 AM
J
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
Have you properly lubricated the wrench with light oil down the air pipe, or in the oil hole on the side? It may just need some help getting rejuvenated. Oil will also help keep the "o" rings softer and prevent premature cracking.
Fully lubricated when I pull the trigger the oil flies out all over the place because the air leek is pushing it out.When I strip it apart parts are good and lubricated.Conan

Old 01-06-12, 05:20 AM
L
heres what you wanna do.

open your gun up and first thing you should see is a gasket. take itoff and then you should see a bearing. take that off. then you should see a cylinder with slots in it containing blades almost. take all of them out and THOROUGHLY clean both the blades and the cylinder its self. (this cylinder is actually a motor). when air comes into the gun it passes through 2 a whole load of stuff and into this cylinder (or motor). these blade like things (don't know the name for them) are always flapping around to catch the compressed air therefore turning the motor. but if these blades are even the smallest bit seized then you have a problem. they won't flap around and won't catch air which means you will have a non working gun.
hope this helped

Old 03-16-12, 09:52 AM
J
The manual says the valve is defective,does anybody know where the valve is.I have a parts diagram and only valve showing is in the forward/reverse button is this what they mean.Conan

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: