Leaky Pressure Washer

Old 10-18-12, 11:31 PM
W
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Leaky Pressure Washer

Hoping Iím posting this in the right place. I could find nothing in searching for power washers. I turned on my pressure washer today and it leaks somewhere between where the hose connects and somewhere inside the case. It is not leaking at the hose connection. Iím sure it may look like it in the video, but it does not leak at the hose connection. Water spurts out thru the vents in the case. Itís been a few months since Iíve used it. I used it for a couple of hours today, and in spite of the leak, it seemed to work ok. What could be leaking? Is this a sign that the washers life is over, or is it worth fixing if it can be fixed?

Below is a very short video showing the leak.

Pressure Washer - YouTube

Old 10-19-12, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator
Received 44 Votes on 42 Posts
You would need to open the case and see where the water is coming from but you would do well to not plug it in until it's repaired.

If it's a hose or something similar then would be worth repairing but you are not likely to find parts as warranty repairs consist of a garbage can followed by giving you a replacement unit.

Old 12-06-12, 12:28 AM
W
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I set this project on the back burner and just got around to working on it today. Had to take the unit into the auto parts store to get a screwdriver that would work with the screws to get the case off. I own nothing like it. Got the case off and I could see the water was coming out from where the spray head hose attached to the unit. Took the hose to the hardware store cause I couldnít find any washers around the house that would work. Good thing too as he knew what to give me. It was an O ring that was missing. Hooked it up with the new O ring, and no leaks. The case covered up the simple fix so I couldnít see it till I got the case off. Now, I just have to get the case back on. Cheaper than a new unit.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: