Nail Gun - Rent or Buy?

Old 01-29-01, 07:48 AM
L West
Visiting Guest
Question

I am starting to finish my basement and have several walls to build. After building the first one it seems that a nail gun would make the job go a lot quicker! What do you guys reccomend as a good general purpose pneumatic nail gun? I don't want to spend an excessive amount since I only need to build four or five walls. After that I wouldn't need the gun very often. I thought about renting one but since I'm working in the basement on the weekends I would have to rent one several times. I'm thinking I can probably buy one for the same or less than multiple rental charges.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-01, 05:24 PM
Visiting Guest
The least expensive framing nail gun is about $285 plus you need a decent compressor and good hose to run it. Renting is actually cheaper for a person like you.

Even though I have use of a great compressor and guns, I still hand drive lots of nails.

Old 01-30-01, 04:38 AM
In your case, renting will be alot cheaper. Like Carpenter said a good nail setup will run you close to $600.00

Old 04-14-03, 07:11 PM
millertime
Visiting Guest
I think the time you spend going down to rent the nailer, and the money spent renting it could be saved if you just hand nailed the entire thing.