Buckeye Air Compressor

Old 12-12-12, 06:30 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Buckeye Air Compressor

I have an old air compressor with the attached label. Searches online have turned up nothing except a Buckeye in Ohio, which doesn't seem to be the same company. Does anyone know anything about "Buckeye of N.C."?

Attached Images  
Old 12-12-12, 07:05 AM
T
Maybe they made compressors back in '86. Buckeye

Old 12-12-12, 07:11 AM
N
Received 21 Upvotes on 18 Posts
That plate states certified by Buckeye.

The tank itself may have been manufactured and/or pressure tested by this company.
The link toolmon posted indicates they make fire extinguishers which are also pressure tanks.

Could you post a few more pictures of the unit?

Old 12-12-12, 08:07 AM
N
I said I have it, but I haven't bought it yet. These pictures were sent to me. I realize it's not advisable to buy a compressor this old because of the danger of a rusty tank, but I would really like a small non-oilless compressor for light use in my garage. I've had an oilless one for years, but I have to use ear protection to run it.

Attached Images   
Old 12-12-12, 11:09 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
I've been around a few compressors that had the name Buckeye on them but don't remember anything specific about them..... but most any belt driven oil compressor that seems to work well is worth having. I'd be more concerned on how well it ran/sounded and the price. Draining the petcock might give some insight on the condition of the tank. I'd be leery of an old tank that spits out crud and/or oil. I have a 30 yr old small compressor and it still drains clear water when drained - but it's been drained after each day's use.

Old 04-21-14, 01:08 PM
D
Air compressor

I realize this was posted over a year ago, but felt is was necessary to reply. The danger is the tank could blow up. This air compressor looks exactly like the one I had and was recalled. It had the same Buckeye air tank. Ingersoll-Rand made them and they were sold under many names. Mine was Energair. If you bought the air compressor you need to check the model ( not the tank ) to see if it is on the recall. Mine was. They will send you a check for $100 or a credit for $200 for a new compressor. You have to send the old compressor back and they pay freight. http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2002/...1983-and-1991/

Old 04-21-14, 01:14 PM
D

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: