Craftsman Drill Wobble

Old 03-27-13, 09:41 PM
O
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Craftsman Drill Wobble

Hey guys,

I have a cordless Craftsman Drill, and it wobbles pretty bad. It doesn't have a lot of use and has done it since new. For the most part I defer to my plug in Craftsman that belonged to my grandfather and is still solid. But I was wondering if the wobble is something that a new chuck would fix or if I should just take it back to Sears and see what they can do. It's an 18V 3/8''. Honestly the battery life is pretty dismal, but it works for small jobs..or would work better if it didn't wobble so much.

thanks,

matt

Old 03-27-13, 09:44 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,192 Likes on 2,867 Posts
Sears/Craftsman stands by their products. I would bring it in and have them look at it. There may be a repair available for it or they may be able to exchange it for another drill. Never hurts to ask.

Old 03-28-13, 05:27 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 703 Likes on 619 Posts
A lot may depend on how long ago it was purchased but like PJ said - it don't hurt to ask

Old 03-28-13, 05:40 AM
B
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
I had a new Rigid drill that turned out to be a drill someone else had returned. I discovered why, wobble and difficulty holding the bits. Turned out there are small inserts on each of the three holding points of the chuck that allow it to size down to smaller bits. One was missing and that set the bit to one side. Probably not your issue, but I mention it just in case. PS the orange box gave me a new drill.

Bud

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: