pressure washer

Old 05-06-13, 07:15 AM
N
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pressure washer

Hello,

I've acquired a pressure washer that although is at least 10 years old has never been used (was still in it's original sealed box).

The problem I have is that although the motor works the cooling fan at the rear of it does not. You can turn the fan by hand (it doesn't spin freely, but not sure if it should) but once the hoses are attached and it's under pressure the fan won't budge.

My thought is it's possible a lubrication problem with it being quite old and never used but not really to sure so any advise would be very much appreciated. I'm sure I'll probably have to dismantle some part of it so I've attached an image with the position of the relevant screws.

Thank you

Attached Images  
Old 05-06-13, 08:54 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,629 Likes on 1,462 Posts
How do you know the motor works? Are you able to see it turning when you apply power or does the pressure washer operate (pressurize the water)?

If you have not seen the motor operate or if it is not spraying high pressure water I suspect the motor is not running. You might be hearing it humm from the electricity but the pump could be locked up or seized.

Old 05-06-13, 12:21 PM
N
Yes the motor operates and the washer works ok but cuts out after a time (presumably a protection cut off) that's when I noticed the fan wasn't working.

Last edited by Neil5; 05-06-13 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-06-13, 01:35 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,629 Likes on 1,462 Posts
Strange??? The fan is generally attached right to the shaft of the motor so there is not much that can go wrong. Is there is a shaft key or set screw attaching the fan to the shaft? I wonder if the plastic blade is just spinning on the shaft.

Old 05-06-13, 03:07 PM
N
I've attached another image of the fan, it's one complete piece the centre is a bit mangled it had a flat slot which I tried to turn with a screwdriver before I disassembled the unit and turned manually.

Attached Images  

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: