Roto zip?

Old 05-25-13, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roto zip?

I just bought one and the first time I sawed about one foot.I seemed ok but then I started to use it again and the wood blade would not tighten by the bolt.Am I suppose to add washers to tighten it? I know nothing about this tool.Is the blade already shot? he hole seems a little out around but seriously I haven't used it 2 ft.yet. Any opinions or ideas about this tool.Thanks.

Old 05-26-13, 04:42 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,628 Likes on 1,461 Posts
Rotozip is a brand name and they make . Do you have their spiral or circular saw?

circular saw

spiral saw

Old 05-26-13, 06:25 AM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Loosen the nut or bolt that holds the blade on and make sure the hole in the blade is sitting on the blade adaptor correctly. It looks like a heavy washer with a raised area that sits inside the blade.

Old 05-26-13, 07:52 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
You should find a red button adjacent to the top of the tool. Push it and turn the chuck. The red button locks the gears inside the tool so that you can torque down the bit. Make sure you are using a wood bit and not a drywall bit. They look similar, the drywall bit has a portion of the tip without any teeth on it. Wood bits have spiral teeth that extend all the way to the end.

Old 05-28-13, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
roto zip

When I ,my wife and son were putting it together we all were sure the last washer went groove out but I noticed today that it went the other way and that was the problem. Runs ok now. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: