Dimensions for a Craftsman Radial Arm Saw #11323100

Old 06-08-13, 03:34 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dimensions for a Craftsman Radial Arm Saw #11323100

this saw sat for years after roof leak in my pops shop. while the arm and saw itself had a plastic cover it did not cover the table. the pressboard was destroyed literally fell apart when touched. that was more than 20 years ago. So Now I have it and would like to build a new table for it.

Does anyone know the dimensions for the parts of this table? I need them to a make on that fits. Thanks

Old 06-08-13, 03:43 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the forums! The table top consists of three pieces. The back flat piece is about 3 1/2" wide/deep. The front table is approximately 16" wide/deep. Sandwiched between them is a fence piece that will be 3" tall, approximately, sitting vertically.

NOW, the length of the table will be determined what you make it out of. I strongly suggest you don't use particle board. In my shop, the back board is about 4' long. I have a 1x4, ripped to 3" standing vertically in front of that one (which should be at the front of the blade at rest). My run off table is 18' long or so, and made of 2x6's with gussets along the bottom and legs to keep it tuned to the saw. I do this along the back of my shop. Of course you may not need more than a 3 or 4' table if it is portable.

You can see how they are put together on this site. Model # 11323100 | Parts.Sears.com

Old 06-08-13, 03:56 PM
J
Keep in mind A radial arm saw has to be one of the single most dangerest tools ever made.
Main reason it's rare to see one in a real wood working shop.
I had a 12" and 10" given to me and spent 2 years trying to give them away. Finaly took them to the dump.

Old 06-08-13, 07:09 PM
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
I do use mine in my shop, but it is set up permanently, as I said, with the long run off table for safety in cutting longer, wider wood planks. With the advent of the sliding saw, the RAS is almost extinct. Mine is a 1973 vintage and won't break, so it stays until then.

Old 06-08-13, 07:25 PM
C
joe,

Where you at in VA I am in Madison Heights central VA.

Yeah they are dangerous but if you take your time they can be a great saw.

like many saws never stand directly behind it. Never put your hands in the cutting radius. or within 12inches of the blade. Keep you long hair tied back.

Old 06-08-13, 07:29 PM
C
Chandler,

Thanks the saw I have is a 1973 base and a 1974 motor 113.231.00. Pops bought it in 1974. It was a great saw back then used a lot in the Solid wood cabinet shop. It was hard working until the roof leaked in and killed that particle board table that came with it.

Thanks for your help.

Old 06-09-13, 09:41 AM
G
What I did for my saw was to use mdf in the middle then I used hard board on the top and bottom Just using two sided tape to hold together. When the top gets damaged just get another piece of hard board and replace it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: