Dry wall screw gun -Palm size

Old 06-30-13, 10:59 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dry wall screw gun -Palm size

Im trying to find a drywall screw gun that is small and palm size. our old contractor had one when he was hanging the wall board, it had a drywall nose for proper depth. but the drill had no pistol grip, more like a palm sander. I could have sworn it was a dewalt. anyone here know of the tool im describeing/

Old 07-01-13, 06:36 AM
W
Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
Drywall Fastening

Could the contractor have been using a palm nailer?

Old 07-01-13, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That was my first thought as well. Was it electric or pneumatic?

Old 07-01-13, 06:55 AM
M
100% sure it was electric. I m sue they were screws but not 100% sure. I hung the dry wall with screws and he was a finisher that was securing it a little more as he started to tape it off. I only stuck around for a short moment and don't remember clearly I just saw the him load the nose and heard what sounded like a quick drilling noise. im for sure it was a small electric tool

Old 07-01-13, 07:05 AM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use my Ryobi impact driver for drywall screws.
Ryobi 18-Volt One+ 1/4 in. Impact Driver (Tool Only)-P236 at The Home Depot

Unless you've tried one you'll never know just how useful an Impact driver is.
I use mine for drilling, driving screws, bolts, nuts. I almost never use my drill any more.

Old 07-01-13, 07:12 AM
W
I'm with Joe on this one. I bought a Dewalt 18V drill/impact driver kit about 5 years ago. Never used the impact driver for the first few years after I bought it because I didn't know what it was for. Working with a friend doing drywall, he used his impact driver.

I've now built two decks, drywalled countless walls, a fence, subfloored our bathroom, built a shed, etc. etc. etc. with mine and my drill is rarely used now. Will never be without one again.

Old 07-01-13, 07:25 AM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I liked the one I bought so much I went out and bought two more. One for the garage at home, one for the equipment trailer and one for my truck.

Old 07-01-13, 08:13 AM
G
I've seen palm-sized cordless screwdrivers but none of them fast enough that a drywall pro would be caught dead using it.

Did it have a cord?

IMO you'll want a pistol-grip driver. A palm grip would put your hand at an awkward angle and painful to use for hours--esp. ceilings.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: